Condie Pioneers

From Forgotten Lives
Jump to: navigation, search

Details

Built By {{{BuiltBy}}}
Date Erected {{{DateErected}}}
Closed {{{Closed}}}
Established {{{Established}}}
School District {{{SchoolDistrict}}}

This cairn is erected in honor of the pioneer settlers of Condie District, including Robert and Agnes Condie, for whom Condie railway station was named in 1887.

Mr Condie came west in 1882 and soon afterward located in this district half a mile south of the future site of the CNR station on his land. He married Agnes McArthur in 1887.

The Condies' home was known as "Half-Way House" for travellers to and from Regina in keeping with the famous hospitality of the pioneers, whose dauntless spirit is remembered with gratitude.

Location

Land Location NE S32 T18 R20 W2M
Rural Municipality 159 - Sherwood
GPS Location 50° 33' 58", -104° 43' 8"
Loading map...

Photos