Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary
By order-in-council of the federal government on June 8, 1887, the islands and a portion of the shoreline of the northern eleven miles of Last Mountain Lake were set aside as a breeding grounds for wild fowl.
The first such preserve in Canada, it became officially the Last Mountain Lake bird sanctuary after passage of the migratory birds convention act in 1917.
|Land Location||NE S29 T23 R23 W2M|
|Rural Municipality||221 - Sarnia|
|GPS Location||50° 59' 26.48" N, 105° 10' 32.27" W|