New Warren, SK

From Forgotten Lives
Jump to: navigation, search

Details

Built By {{{BuiltBy}}}
Date Erected {{{DateErected}}}
Closed {{{Closed}}}
Established {{{Established}}}
School District {{{SchoolDistrict}}}

New Warren

In 1903 homesteaders from Warren, Minnesota, established the hamlet of New Warren, it was located across the intersection, on the south east corner of section 2-13-23.

The rail line originally planned from Ft. Qu'Appelle to Wood Mountain was abandoned when the great northern railway constructed a line between Moose Jaw and Radville in 1911. The post office and businesses of New Warren were relocated to the new rail site 3.2 kilometres south and the town was renamed Avonlea.

Erected 1999 by the Avonlea Historical Committee

Location

Land Location SE S03 T13 R23 W2M
Rural Municipality 100 - Elmsthorpe
GPS Location 50° 2' 50", -105° 3' 20"
Loading map...

Photos