This memorial was erected by the Queen's Own Rifles of Canada on the occasion of their 100th Anniversary and in commemoration of the 274 members of the regiment who participated in the famous march of the Battleford Column from Swift Current to the relief of Battleford on April 24th, 1885.
This trench is part of the defenses prepared against Indian raids by Lt. Col. W. D. Otter, Commander of the column, and a former Commanding Officer of the regiment.
|Land Location||NE S20 T43 R16 W3M|
|Rural Municipality||438 - Battle River|
|GPS Location||52° 43' 13.84" N, 108° 18' 22.50" W|