Doukhobors Bogdanovka Cemetery
This cemetery is the remainder of historic village settlement of Russian refugees fleeing persecution from Czarist Russia.
In 1899 Doukhobors emigrated from Bogdanovka region near the Turkish border of southern Caucasus, where in 1895 they held the "Burning of arms" as a manifestation of peace. This resulted in severe oppression by Russian authorities forcing Doukhobor immigration to Canada in search of religious freedom.
Location of original villiage site is east and north of this cemetery.
A Doukhobor heritage.
|Land Location||NW S20 T39 R08 W3M|
|Rural Municipality||344 - Corman Park|
|GPS Location||52° 22' 20", -107° 7' 54"|