Dunblane Finnish Cemetery
In 1914 Daniel Mursu was accidentally killed in a runaway with a team of horses and a wagon. Herman Laukkanen offered a plot of his land for a grave site. From that time until the year 1918, six more people were buried nearby. That year a meeting was called to arrange for a formal graveyard. The meeting was held at Finland School, with the result that a cemetery association was formed. Present at the meeting were residents of the immediate area - Magnus Hjelt, M. West, M. Pelto, H. Laukkanen, S. Maunu, A. Mandolin, S. Waara, J. Rapakko, H. Simonson, J. Tapanila, G. Maunu, and Ed Apukka. A board was formed with M. Hjelt as president, Andrew Kumpula as vice president, Wm. Tuomi secretary, Chas. Waara treasurer, and H. Laukkanen as care taker. Incorporation was granted to the association on November 24th 1919. Chas. Waara was requested to draw the plan for the plots and M. Hjelt, M. West, W. Tuomi, H. Simonson and A. Mandolin were to measure and stake out the plots.
95 burials as of 1980
|Land Location||NE S12 T26 R7 W3M|
|Rural Municipality||255 - Coteau|
|GPS Location||51° 12' 29.52" N, 106° 50' 49.56" W|